In 2020, I got to enjoy at least 73 different coffee blends or single origin coffees from 12 different countries and 33 companies. Now it’s time to wrap up the year by listing the very best products!
While I had the opportunity to try all kinds of coffees, all of the products that made my top 10 list were unflavored high-end coffees. That said, I included one flavored coffee and one grocery store blend into the ”Honorable Mentions” category.
Like last year, the products were so different from each other that it wouldn’t have been fair to compare them with each other. Therefore, instead of ranking the coffees, I organized them into three categories according to the approximate roast level (dark, medium, and light). Of course, the darkness of a roast is a subjective matter. It is also probably not the best way to categorize coffee products. Obviously, there are so many other factors that affect the flavors. However, I wasn’t able to come up with a better way to list the coffees. So, in each of the three categories, I presented the coffees in alphabetical order according to the company name. The resulting list can be thought of as a pool of excellent coffees. You can pick any product you want and end up enjoying a truly memorable experience.
I used two different brewing methods. Espresso coffees were brewed in my three cup Bialetti Moka pot. On the other hand, the coffees that were intended for other brewing methods I prepared in my AeroPress, with my favorite inverted method and a paper filter. I used no additives.
So, here we go. My top 10 coffees of 2020:
- Black Rifle Coffee Company Gunship (USA)
- E’s World Coffee One Grouphead (USA)
- E’s World Coffee Two Group (USA)
- Arcaffè Gorgona (Italy)
- Cafetoria Roastery Espresso 7 (Finland)
- Friedhats Coffee Roasters Colombia El Desvelado #1 (the Netherlands)
- Kahwe Tyyliniekka Sprezzatura Kahwe (Finland)
- Mokafina Da Vinci (Belgium)
You could not go wrong with any of these coffees. Unfortunately, some of these products might already be out of stock. If that is the case, you could check out any product from these great roasteries. They really know what they do.
Lastly, there were three blends that did not make the top 10 list but still deserve to be mentioned.
- Hamwi Café Classic—the best flavored coffee (cardamom) (United Arab Emirates)
- Loumidis Papagalos (ΛΟΥΜΙΔΗΣ ΠΑΠΑΓΑΛΟΣ)—the best Greek grocery store coffee (Greece)
- Paulig Presidentti Gold Label—the best Finnish grocery store coffee (Finland)
Now it’s time for me to take a small break and enjoy some great blends I recently received from the USA. I’ll be back in early January to tell you about them!
Happy New Year!